Hi Norman, You might be interested in the following:
1) Turmeric extract – See more information and studies in my article “ Turmeric Extract is Effective as Ibuprofen for Knee Osteoarthritis “.
2) Gelatin – see more information and research in my article “ Gelatin and Osteoarthritis of the Knees “.
3) Sesame seeds – more information in my article “ How To Use Sesame Seeds For Knee Osteoarthritis “.
4) Tart cherries – see “ How to Fight Joint Pain and Inflammation With Tart Cherries “.
5) Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie for Joint Pain .
6) For pain relief – massaging the area with these 20 essential oils to relieve pain and inflammation , and/or consuming this anti-inflammatory and pain relieving turmeric ginger tea .
7) See more possible natural treatments HERE , and HERE .
When and how much to take
NSAIDs should ideally be taken with some food, or at least with milk or yoghurt to avoid irritation of the gastric mucosa (. the inner lining of the stomach). It is important not to exceed the recommended dose to avoid possible serious side-effects. There is also no benefit in taking more than a certain dose, since these drugs have a ceiling effect. This means that above a certain dose, taking even more of this medication will not yield any extra beneficial effects, but will considerably increase the risk for side-effects.